Virag Consulting: The Power of Experience
Virag Consulting, Inc. provides planning and design services to developers and users of Automotive Finance and Insurance (F&I) software.
Mark Virag has extensive experience with software and process in dealerships, as well as lending institutions and product providers. He has designed and implemented key systems for credit aggregation, indirect lending, service contracts and DMS interfaces.
From web-based credit systems to electronic contracting, Mark Virag has led the development of major innovations in F&I software. He is the most seasoned and creative consultant working in this field today.
- In 1997, BMW InfoBahn goes online as the first web-based platform for automotive finance. Earlier versions had relied on private networks. As CIO for BMW Finance, Mr. Virag is both executive sponsor and lead designer.
- AutoNation Finance launches Credit Express, the first web-based credit aggregation system. AutoNation Finance pioneers the forwarding of credit applications to other lenders. As CIO for AutoNation Finance, Mr. Virag is executive sponsor and lead designer.
- In 2000, Mark Virag leads top lenders in the first common interface for credit applications. Credit aggregation would have been impossible without a common standard. Chase Auto Finance goes on to create Dealer Track using this technology. Download the original specification.
- Credit Express is followed by Menu Express, the first web-based menu selling system. This system generates a huge (undisclosed) increase in AutoNation’s back-end gross. Express remains a proprietary system used exclusively by AutoNation.
- In 2002, Mark Virag is hired by Route One to help develop and launch a new credit aggregation system. Today Route One is the nation’s largest credit aggregation system.
- In 2003, MenuVantage launches the first private web-based menu selling system. Unlike Express, this platform is open to all F&I product providers. Mark Virag is a founder of MenuVantage, and the system’s original designer.
- MenuVantage introduces the Provider Exchange Network. For the first time, dealers can access a network of product providers just as they do for lenders. Mr. Virag sets up and runs the new business unit. Download a press release.
- Thanks to its patented API, Provider Exchange Network becomes the only competitor in its field with connections to multiple dealer systems. As Managing Director, Mark Virag sets the strategy, designs the API, and builds the organization.